By signing up above, you are expressing interest. There will still be a selection process. Sadly, not all who express interest will be able to volunteer
All selected volunteers receive the following
- $50 discount for the following years race
- Early entry for the next years race
- VIP Gorgeous Volunteer Hat
- VIP Gorgeous Volunteer Shirt
- VIP Gorgeous Volunteer Beer Garden Free Medallion
- Ability to cut any line all week while in outfit (We will trust you will be respectful and know when appropriate here)
- Name engraved on our Volunteer Trophy
- Please do not sign up unless you know an eagerness to work is deeply entrenched in your soul. If you are doing this for the perks vs the desire to make the event better, YOU ARE NOT THE CORRECT PERSON.
- If you, have attitude, evade work, not energetically helpful or miss shifts, you will not receive the perks and be banned from volunteering in the future.
- Any volunteer caught steeling will be banned for life from all Vortex and partner events and generally be pointed at and looked down upon as a bad human anywhere you go. Sadly we have had issues :(
- All positions are high accountability and responsibility and need firm commitment
- We encourage all to sign up for positions at the links above
- We will contact everybody who signs up in March 2020
- At this point, you will submit an application and statement of commitment.
- We will choose from these to fill the required slots. Not everybody can be selected :(
- If you do not get the slot you were looking for, we will still consider you for other slots if interested and it is a good fit
Vortex Events LLC Waiver.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
By my signature and acceptance below, I hereby enter into this binding Liability Release & Hold Harmless Agreement (the "Agreement").
The purpose of this agreement is to make sure that neither I nor my estate, heirs or executors may bring any claim against the organizers of the Vortex Race Series or the Gorge Downwind Championships (the “Events”) if I die during the Event, if I am injured during the Event, or if any of my personal property is lost or damaged during the Event.
I understand and acknowledge that the Event will take place on the Columbia River in a section of the Columbia River Gorge. I understand and acknowledge that paddling an Outrigger, Stand-Up Paddleboard, or Surfski in the Columbia River Gorge is potentially hazardous and carries with it a multitude of risks, with some of the most significant being:
- My inability to remount my craft, which could lead to severe injury or death by drowning or exposure to the elements or other craft on the water.
- My failure to leash myself properly to my craft, which would likely lead to my becoming separated from my craft with the associated risk of severe injury or death by drowning or exposure to the elements or other craft on the water.
- My failure to wear of personal flotation device which, in either of the above events, could lead to my becoming separated from my craft with the associated risk of severe injury or death by drowning or exposure to the elements or other craft on the water.
- My being knocked unconscious by my own craft or another craft on the water, including barges, windsurfers, kiteboarders and general boat traffic which, in any of the above events, could lead to my becoming separated from my craft with the associated risk of severe injury or death by drowning or exposure to the elements or other craft on the water.
- The inability of safety boats to be able to rescue me in a given circumstance.
- The risk of being run over by small and large boat traffic while on the river.
- The loss of or damage to my craft while it is being transported on an Event-provided shuttle from the Event site to Viento State Park.
I understand and acknowledge: (a) that I am familiar with the risks involved in participating in the Event, including those described above; and (b) that I should not enter and participate in the Event unless I am medically able and properly trained. I realize that participation in the Event is allowed in consideration of payment of the entry fee and my entering into this Agreement, and I acknowledge that such participation is adequate consideration for the rights released and obligations undertaken in this Agreement.
Therefore, for myself and my heirs and executors, I hereby: (a) assume all risks (known and unknown) associated with or arising out of my participation in the Event, including those described above, as well as collisions, contact with objects, vessels and other participants, occurrences associated with weather, conditions of water and the terrain leading to egress and exit from the river; (b) waive any and all specific notice of the existence of these and any other such hazards or conditions; (c) assume full and complete responsibility for any injury, death, accident or property damage arising out of or associated with my participation in the Event; and (d) RELEASE VORTEX, LLC, its member Carter Johnson, any Agency of the State of Washington, the US Coast Guard, and the members, managers, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, or any agent or representative of the above entities and agencies (collectively referred to as the "Event Organizer"), and INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS the Event Organizer from any and all loss, liability, cause of action, claims, demands, costs or debts of any kind or nature, associated with or arising from or out of my participation in the Event, whether such claims are based on negligence or otherwise and whether brought by myself or by any third persons (collectively referred to as "Claims"). Such waiver extends to and includes any claim or loss, destruction or damage to any equipment, clothing or other person property.
I have read and understand all rules for this Event and agree to be bound by them. I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, ACCEPTED, AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE CONDITIONS OF THE WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT PRINTED ABOVE.